ICYMI: Allred Continues to Be Described As “Dream Candidate,” Polls Show a Single Digit Race Between Allred and Cruz
DALLAS – Just over a month after launching his campaign for Senate, Allred has been repeatedly described as a dream candidate and multiple polls show him in a single digit race against the deeply unpopular incumbent.
Allred has earned the endorsement of Foreign Policy for America and high praise from leading voices in Texas and national politics.
Key clips you might’ve missed:
- “For Congressman Allred to be within seven points of Cruz at the outset of this race is remarkable,” said former Republican Texas state representative Jason Villalba who now serves as the chairman of the Texas Hispanic Policy Foundation.
- Since announcing his bid … [Allred] has surged in national recognition, netting his campaign $2 million in donations within the first 36 hours of his campaign launch.”
- “A newly released poll that was taken between May 10 to 21 from the University of Texas at Tyler shows Cruz currently polling within single-digits of Democratic challenger Colin Allred.”
- “Allred says, the entire NFL package prepared him for politics, and his Senate run against Cruz, who perhaps represents the antithesis of those values.”
Politics War Room: The 4 F’s with Paul Begala
- “Colin Allred is the dream candidate for Democrats,” – Paul Begala